Periodontitis is a serious gum infection that damages the soft tissue and destroy the bone that support your teeth .periodontitis can cause teeth to loosen or lead to tooth loss.
Periodontitis is common but largely preventable .it’s usually the result of poor oral hygine.Brushing at least twice a day ,flossing daily and getting regular dental checkup can greatly improve your chance of successful treatment for periodontitis and can also reduce your chance of developing it.
- Healthy gums are firm and pale pink and fit snuggly around teeth signs and symptoms of periodontitis can include:
- Swollen or puffy gums
- Bright red ,dusky red or purplish gums
- Gums that feel tender when touched
- Gums that bleed easily
- Gums that pull away from your teeth, making your teeth look longer than normal.
- New spaces developing between your teeth
- Pus between your teeth and gums
- Bad breath
- Loose teeth
- Painful chewing
Treatment can be performed by a periodontist. the goa lof of periodontitis treatment is to thoroughly clean the pocket around teeth and prevent damage to surrounding bone.
There are two phases of periodontitis:
- Non surgical (scaling)-scaling removes tarter and bacteria from your tooth surface and beneath your gums .it may be performed using instrument, a laser or an ultrasonic device.
- Surgical (flap surgery): periodontist makes tiny incision in your gum so that a section of gum tissue can be lifted back, exposing the roots for more effective scaling and root planning.
Life style and home remedies
- Brush your teeth twice a day or better yet, after every meal or snack.
- Use a soft tooth brush and replace it at least every three to four months.
- Consider using electric toothbrush, which may be more effective at removing plaque and tarter.
- Floss daily
- Use a mouth rinse to help reduce plaque between your teeth
- Use specially design interdental brush to clean between your teeth.
- Regular visit to dentist every 6-12 months.
Don’t smoke or chew tobacco.
Some Good WordsOur Treatments and services are provided in a comfortable lorem
- I know it's very hard to entrust your oral care to just any doctor, but Doc Vic gained my trust easily
- Doctor is honest, reasonable, caring and has the state of the art dentistry equipment and a great staff
- Doctor and his staff are very professional and accommodating of my family's needs.
- The doctor is in the house !! dr. Mahesh is the best by far no pain what so ever. thank you doc.
- Very professional and gentle. The staff is very accommodating and the office is very stunning and clean.
- My experience was truly second to none. Luis was incredibly helpful, thorough and informative. Found my dentist for life
- I started treatment in May this year and had implants on gaps on top and after 4 months returning to finish and have two bridges on lower jaw. I would thoroughly recommend this dentist to anyone